We received our first Ofsted inspection in June 2017 and were delighted to receive an Outstanding rating. Click here to view the report.
Ofsted rated the school ‘outstanding’ in all categories, including effectiveness of leadership and management, quality of teaching, learning and assessment, personal development, behaviour and welfare and the outcomes of pupils.
“Our Ofsted report clearly shows that we have happy children and happy staff who enjoy learning and love coming to school every day. The balance between this and high academic outcomes can be a challenge to achieve, so is something to be proud of. I am pleased that the dedication of staff and families has been recognised” Gemma Donnelly, Head teacher
Highlights from the report include the following:
- Pupils love coming to school. They are completely engaged in their learning and demonstrate exemplary behaviour in and out of lessons.
- Teaching is very effective and closely matched to pupils’ prior learning. As a result, pupils’ progress from their starting points across the curriculum is excellent.
- Leaders in this new school are absolutely committed to providing the best education and care for all pupils.
- Governors and the trust provide very high-quality challenge and support for leaders.
- The early years is led exceptionally well. Children benefit from a very positive start to their school life.
Not only are the Ofsted inspectors impressed by the school, but the parents are too according to the latest parent survey in June 2017. 96% of parents strongly agreed or agreed that their child enjoys coming to school and pupil achievement is also very high, with 92% of Reception pupils achieving a Good Level of Development in 2017.
The Chair of Trustees, Claire Delaney said “From the time that we were approached by the Local Authority in 2013, Braywick Court School has been on a very exciting journey. We are delighted that the school delivers an outstanding education for our pupils and would like to say a huge thank you to our staff and leadership team in making our vision a reality.”